How to participate in the Red Alert Day of Action
Tomorrow, on September 1st, venues in over 1,500 locations and cities across the United States will light up red as part of the #RedAlert Day of Action to raise public awareness of the plight of the entertainment industry and its workers. Here’s what you can do to participate:
Step 1: Send a letter to your members of Congress using the Action Network Widget below.
Step 2: Join the conversation on social media by:
- Sharing the letter writing campaign link iatse.co/redalert
- Posting a red-tinted photo on social media. You can turn any photo red here: https://www11.lunapic.com/editor/?action=tint. Bonus points if you make this your new profile picture!
- If you have access to lights that can easily be made red, post a picture of yourself at home with your red lighting!
- Print out or post our the #RedAlert day of action flyer, which can be found by clicking here.
- On Twitter, tweet why federal aid and worker-first priorities are urgent for you, and tag your representatives in congress. Click here to see the full list of Senators’ and Representatives’ twitter handles.
Step 3: Submit content to the International so we can amplify our voices. Make sure your social posts include the hashtags #RedAlert, #WeMakeEvents, and #ExtendPUA. Additionally, submit any content you would like to be featured on the IATSE social media accounts to email@example.com, or click here to download our new voices app to send us videos directly.