Know Your Rights on Election Day
We have compiled a comprehensive list of tools and information to help IATSE members exercise their rights on election day:
- AFL-CIO Labor 2020 site:workersfirstvoteunion.org
- Individualized voting information including registration status, voting options, polling place locations, labor endorsed candidates, and more.
- Know your voting rights (ACLU):https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/voting-rights/
- Learn more about how to exercise your voting rights, resist voter intimidation efforts, and access disability-related accommodations and language assistance at the polls.
- What are my general rights on Election Day?
- If the polls close while you’re still in line, stay in line – you have the right to vote.
- If you make a mistake on your ballot, ask for a new one.
- If the machines are down at your polling place, ask for a paper ballot.
- Did you mail or drop-off your ballot? We want to make sure EVERY IATSE VOTE is counted, that’s why we have compiled a handy list of “State Ballot Tracking Resources” that you can use to verify your ballot was accepted and your voice was heard. Click here to view.
- If you run into any problems or have questions on Election Day, visit https://866ourvote.org/ or call the Election Protection Hotline:
- English: 1-866-OUR-VOTE / 1-866-687-8683
- Spanish: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA / 1-888-839-8682
- Arabic: 1-844-YALLA-US / 1-844-925-5287
- For Bengali, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu, Korean, Mandarin, Tagalog, or Vietnamese: 1-888-274-8683
- Text: 866-687-8683
# # #